It’s slime time! This easy-to-make DIY activity is a fun way for family to spend time together. It's a great learning activity for kids, too. Creating slime teaches chemistry, develops fine motor skills, and can provide valuable calming benefits for children of all ages (adults too!). Keep Wet Ones close by to make cleanup a breeze.
With just three simple ingredients, your mini scientists will be kneading, stretching, and swirling their slime in no time! Here's what you'll need to get started:
- A medium-size bowl
- Bottle of glitter glue (6 oz.)
- Measuring and mixing spoons
- Baking soda
- Saline solution
- A clear plastic bag
- Cover your workspace with a plastic tablecloth or paper to protect furniture and surfaces.
- Empty a 6 oz. bottle of glitter glue into a bowl.
- Add ½ tbsp. of baking soda to the bowl and mix.
- Add 1 tbsp. of saline solution and stir until slime begins to form. Continue combining ingredients together with your hands, mixing in all of the liquid.
- When finished, grab a Wet Ones to wipe excess slime from your hands.
- Store in clear plastic bag and refrigerate for next slime time!
- Take your slime exploration to the next level: make multiple batches using different-colored glue. Hint: mixing colors together adds a new layer of slimy fun!